Happy Fourth of July everyone! Well, it’s pretty much over now but I hope everyone had a great, relaxing holiday. I went to my bosses’ barbeque today and had a great time with them and their family. They are just genuinely kind people and I have tons of laughs when I’m around them. My boss even made Bob and I a fat free dessert dip in consideration of our diet! It was a simple mixture of fat free sour cream, fat free cream cheese, and sugar/splenda. It was deeelicious!
Now I’m home and comforting Crouton through the loud sounds of fireworks and am on to my next dessert of the day: Strawberry Shortcake Trifle. Okay.. so it’s not exactly a shortcake but it’s served with a nice sweet bread. The layers consist of strawberry jello, vanilla pudding, and topped with fat free cool whip. *Warning* vanilla pudding and cool whip are both not allowed in the first two phases of the Dukan Diet. My personal rule is that if it’s fat free and low carb, it’s okay in my book. I’ve never had a problem losing weight eating these things so, once again, do what works for you! And for those of you not on the Dukan Diet, this dessert is definitely a winner because it’s (minus the cooking spray) completely FAT FREE!
- 1/4 pack strawberry lite jello mix
- 1/2 pack fat free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 & 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 tbs fat free cream cheese
- 3 packets splenda
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fat free cool whip
- Prepare the jello and pudding the night before to allow both to set. Pour the jello into the cup/bowl you plan on serving the dessert in.
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F.
- Make the sweet bread by combining the corn starch, splenda, salt, baking powder, and cream cheese.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients together until a crumbly texture forms.
- Whisk milk in until smooth.
- Spoon 4 rounds of mix onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Spray top of cookies with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the cup/bowl where you have the set strawberry jello, spoon an even layer of pudding over the jello and top with cool whip.
- Serve with sweet bread.