- 1 lb lean meat, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 can fat free beef broth, 15 oz
- 1 cup burgundy wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ts thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 1 ts salt
- 1/2 ts pepper
- Heat large pot with cooking spray on medium-high.
- Brown cubes of meat on all sides.
- Add corn starch, salt, & pepper and toss to coat meat.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Pour into a slow cooker for 4 hours or into an oven-safe covered pot at 325 degrees for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, check for consistency of sauce. It should be thick enough to coat a spoon. If it’s not, boil down on the stove & add more corn starch if necessary.