Let me just put this out there, cool whip is frowned upon in the official Dukan world due to the different chemicals that are used to create it. However, I say, do what works for you. There are certain things I can eat that are not exactly by-the-book but it works for me. After all, the whole point of a lasting diet is being able to find an eating style that is suitable for you. That way, you can stick to it and reach your long-term goals. Not to mention this is a heck of a lot better for you than your average cheesecake!
With that said, this following recipe makes a fat free cheesecake with a nice brown sugar oat bran crust. It’s very easy to make and is very close in taste to the real thing!
- 1 (8 oz) fat free cool whip
- 1 (8 oz) fat free cream cheese
- 6 packets of splenda
- 1 ts lemon juice
- 6 tbs oat bran
- 3 ts splenda brown sugar
- 1/4 ts cinnamon
- 3 ts warm water
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine oat bran, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix.
- Then, gradually add the warm water and mix.
- Pour oat bran mixture into four small souffle cups.
- Pat down the mixture to form a crust at least a 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake souffle cups for five minutes.
- Allow the oat bran crust to cool completely. (place them in the freezer for a few minutes if you want to speed up the process)
- Meanwhile, whisk cool whip, cream cheese, splenda, and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Once oat bran crust is cool, pour the cream cheese mixture into the cups and refrigerate for a few hours until firm.