Learning to love tofu is always a great thing as it is such a cheap protein. However, I have found that there aren’t many great tofu recipes out there that steps out of the soy-sauce-marinade box. Luckily, I found this one. If you like citrus-flavored dishes, you’ll love this one!
- 2 packs firm tofu, cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1.5 ts salt
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 ts paprika
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Mash garlic and salt together into a paste.
- Combine mint, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, and 1/2 cup vegetable broth and mix.
- Press tofu slices with paper towels to remove excess water.
- Place slices into marinade, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Heat pan on medium with cooking spray.
- Gently pat tofu slices dry before placing them in the pan. Save the marinade.
- Place a smaller pan on top of the tofu and place a can of tomatoes to add weight to the top pan.
- Cook tofu for about 8 minutes on each side. Then, set tofu aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining marinade and remaining 1/2 cup vegetable broth. Simmer for a few minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve tofu with garlic-mint sauce.