Ponderosity posted this great Chocolate Mousse recipe on her blog. I made very minor changes to it and, well, went a little overboard with the electric mixer. Ergo, I wasn’t able to pour my mixture as smoothly into the souffle cup as I’d like. So be prewarned, do not mix for too long as the gelatin will set and the result won’t be too pretty. Even so, the mousse tasted great!
- 4 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 1.5 tbs cocoa powder
- 9 packets of splenda
- 1 tbs gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- 1/2 ts cream of tartar
- Dissolve gelatin completely in boiling water. Then, add and mix in cocoa powder.
- Place mix in the fridge to cool.
- Use an electric mixer to beat egg whites with cream of tartar until peaks form.
- Add splenda and continue mixing until thick.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, to mixture and mix each yolk completely before adding the next.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Slowly add and mix in cocoa mixture.
- Pour mix into souffle cups and place in the fridge to set for a few hours.