Chicken thighs were on sale at my local groceries store this week and you know how I love to save money so, guess what? You’ve got some chicken thighs recipes coming your way! Earlier tonight, we made chicken thighs in a gorgeous chipotle cream sauce. Personally, I’ve never cooked with chipotle peppers before so I was surprised when the spiciness of this sauce snuck up on me! No, chipotle peppers aren’t exactly ghost chilis but they actually have a nice kick. With that said, this dish is for all the spicy food lovers out there.
- 6 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1.5 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tbs chicken bouillon granules
- salt, pepper, & paprika to taste
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place chicken thighs on sheet and lightly season with salt, pepper, & paprika.
- Bake chicken thighs for 50 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, use blender to puree chipotle peppers, sour cream, milk, and chicken granules until smooth.
- Spray large pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Then, add sauce and season with salt to taste.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and reduce to low heat.
- Once chicken is done baking, add thighs to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.