This ultimate burger is made up of a slice of Savory Dukan Bread, a lean ground beef patty, fat free cheese, brown sugar bacon, and a sunny-side up egg. Lots of good stuff for such a low-fat burger!
First, make the Savory Dukan Bread. You can find the recipe here. (note: only slice the bread in two pieces)
Then, follow the recipe below.
- 2 slices of Savory Dukan Bread
- 1/4 cup splenda brown sugar
- 1/2 tbs dijon mustard
- 6 oz lean center-cut bacon (6% fat or less)
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 ts salt
- 1/8 ts pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices fat free american cheese
- ketchup, mustard, and/or low-fat mayo for condiments
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- In a large zip-lock bag, combine brown sugar, dijon mustard, and bacon. Shake well.
- Remove bacon slices and place on rack.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is nice and brown. Allow bacon to cool on rack once removed from oven.
- While bacon is roasting, preheat grill or George Foreman to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Form two patties and grill for 5 minutes per side or 1-1.5 minutes in a George Foreman.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs sunny-side up in a skillet with cooking spray.
- Spread desired condiments on each slice of Dukan Bread and top with patty, cheese, bacon, and egg.