I am in such an appetizer mood! It must be because the Fourth of July is tomorrow and that means BBQs and lots of finger food. Note to self: BE GOOD!! And on that note, one great way for all of us to be good while eating yummy holiday food is to make these overstuffed cheesy mushrooms. They are awesome!
First, make the 1/3 of the Oat Bran Breadcrumbs recipe found here.
- 4 tbs Oat Bran Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs reduced fat parmesan/mozzarella cheese mix (+extra for topping)
- 1 tbs cream cheese
- dash of italian seasoning
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 6 whole mushrooms
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place in food processor along with the first 5 ingredients and blend together.
- Generously stuff mushrooms with cheese mixture and place mushrooms on greased baking sheet.
- Top each mushroom with a pinch of parmesan/mozzarella cheese.
- Spray tops of mushrooms with cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes.