Back in my troubled eating days, I just loved to eat at Corner Bakery. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this chain bakery, it’s a casual place where you can grab a sandwich or pasta while enjoying some free wifi. It’s reasonably priced and never really packed so you can relax and stay as long as you want .. while carb-loading of course! One of my absolute favorite things to eat at Corner Bakery was their Green Chile & Chicken Panini. Crispy bread, tender chicken, flavorful green chiles, melty cheese — it was a whole lot of wonderful! So, like many other things on the Dukan Diet, if I wanted it enough, I knew I could make it happen. And, well, I wanted it pretty darn bad so here we are..
First, make the Savory Dukan Bread recipe found here. (note: cut bread into two slices)
- 2 slices Savory Dukan Bread
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 can whole green chiles
- 2 tbs low fat mayo
- low fat mozzarella/parmesan mix
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat
- Filet chicken through the center to create two thin slices of chicken.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side or 4 minutes in the George Foreman Grill.
- Spread low fat mayo on Dukan bread slices. Spray opposing sides of bread with cooking spray.
- Pat green chiles down with a paper towel to dry.
- Stack on chicken breasts, 2 whole green chiles, and cheese between bread slices.
- Place sandwich in a panini press or George Foreman Grill for 1 minute.