It’s only been one day since I’ve discovered Dukan-friendly tortillas and I’ve already taken it to another level: Breakfast Quesadillas! These quesadillas can be stuffed with your breakfast favorites including sausage, bacon, eggs, steak, cheese, etc. I had my quesadillas oozing with a 4-cheese blend and stuffed with bacon and egg whites. What a perfect way to start off your day!
First, make the Homemade Dukan Tortillas recipe found here. Note: use a large pan to create 2 large tortillas instead of 4 smaller ones as the original recipe makes.
- 2 large Homemade Dukan Tortillas
- 4 egg-whites
- 5 strips lean, center-cut bacon (6% fat or less)
- 1 slice fat free american cheese, cut into small squares
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheese blend of your choice (I recommend parmesan & mozzarella)
- Salsa (to be used as a condiment)
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Allow it to cool, and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- In a small pan, heat cooking spray on medium heat and pour 1/2 of the egg-white mixture at a time and tilt to form a round shape.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Repeat steps to create a second egg-white round.
- Top one tortilla with a layer of cheese, bacon, another layer of cheese, egg-whites, and more cheese.
- Place second tortilla over the top and push down slightly. Microwave for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Cut quesadilla into 4 pieces and serve with salsa.