Just like the Dukan bread and pizza crust recipe, this Dukan-friendly tortilla recipe is a great find. Made with protein powder and oat bran, the tortilla gives you the consistency of a corn tortilla with a saltier flavor. They were just what Bob and I needed for our Taco Friday!
First, make the Homemade Dukan Tortillas. (makes 4 tortillas)
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop unflavored protein powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tbs water
- Use a food processor to blend together all ingredients except water.
- Add about 1-2 tbs water depending on how much you need to create a consistency in the batter that will allow it to be easily poured.
- Preheat pan with cooking spray on medium-high heat.
- Pour 1/4 of the batter at a time into pan and tilt to form a 5-6 inch tortilla.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until a crust forms on the edge. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Then, prepare the ground beef.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- chopped onions, salsa, fat free sour cream, and fat free cheddar cheese as condiments
- In a large sauce pan, lightly brown ground beef.
- Add 2/3 cup water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil while stirring.
- Reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve ground beef and desired condiments on Homemade Dukan Tortillas.