Boy, am I on a Mexican food roll or what?!
I’ve made this recipe a few times before but with wheat tortillas. Obviously on the Dukan Diet, whether it’s wheat or it’s white, it ain’t right! Fortunately, now that I’ve found a Dukan-friendly tortilla recipe, I can prepare this recipe Dukan-style!
First, make the Homemade Dukan Tortillas recipe found here. (note: do not overcook tortillas as you want them to be on the softer side, not crispy)
- 4 Homemade Dukan Tortillas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 3/4 cup green chile sauce
- 3 tbs fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Lightly season chicken breast with salt and pepper and cook through in a skillet with cooking spray.
- Remove and shred chicken. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown chopped onions with cooking spray on medium heat until tender.
- Add chicken back into the skillet along with cream cheese, chili powder, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and picante sauce.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Place the tortillas in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stuff tortillas with chicken mixture, roll and place in the baking dish.
- Pour green chile sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.