Tonight is Bob’s softball night. So, left to my own device, I completely wrecked our kitchen in the process of testing out some dessert recipes. Luckily, the disaster was not made in vain as I was able to cook up an easy, fat free, flourless, no-bake cinnamon bun recipe — yes, if it didn’t exist before, now it does!!
..Hopefully if I give Bob a piece of the cinnamon bun, he won’t be too upset about the tornado that hit our kitchen 😉
- 4 tbs unflavored protein powder
- 4 packets splenda
- 1 tbs splenda brown sugar
- 1/2 tbs corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2.5 tbs fat free half & half
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together until smooth and pour into a souffle cup. (note: only fill cup 1/3 full as it will rise like a souffle in the microwave)
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tbs fat free cream cheese
- 2 tbs skim milk
- 1 tbs fat free half & half
- 2 packets splenda
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Whisk together constantly until cream cheese is melted.
Top cinnamon bun with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve immediately.