***SoCal animal lovers, PLEASE don’t forget to come support WAGS at the Family Fun Event this Saturday in Westminster! There will be $1 adoptions for dogs and cats, food trucks, and other fun activities! More info here.***
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
- salt & pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 3 tbs low-fat honey mustard
- 1 tbs cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbs hot water
- 1 tsp splenda brown sugar
- 1 tbs fresh parsely, chopped
- Preheat oven 450 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat with cooking spray.
- Place chicken with the side that had the skin down. Cook for 7 minutes until nice and brown.
- Flip and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Set chicken aside.
- Add onions, season with salt & pepper, and brown until soft.
- Add broth and honey mustard and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken (side that had the skin up) back into the skillet.
- Place skillet in the oven and roast for 13 minutes or temperature is at 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken and onions to a bowl and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add brown sugar and cornstarch mixture.
- Stirring constantly, bring sauce to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Pour sauce over chicken and onions.