Quick update: My weight is still lingering in the 116s and is being very stubborn! In fact, the only day this week that I actually lost weight was when I had a little cheat meal and had a 6 inch Subway Club. Could it be that my body has gotten used to the Dukan Diet? The last few pounds is indeed the MOST difficult to lose! On a lighter note, the adoption event I volunteered at over the weekend went well and we adopted out 20 dogs in just that one day! I’m sooo happy for those lovebugs. They ALL deserve forever homes!
- 14 oz Turkey Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-fat pasta sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- low-fat parmesan cheese for garnish
- optional: 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- In a large pan, heat cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add sausage and cook until brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add bell peppers, onions, garlic, and salt & pepper to taste. Spray with cooking spray.
- Brown until soft while scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Return sausage to the pan with the peppers and add pasta sauce.
- Allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes. Serve with parmesan cheese.
- Optional: Make some Dukan-friendly Garlic Cheese Bread to compliment this dish!