Hello Dukaners! I made this for dinner tonight and just thought I’d share it. And on the note of sharing, I am more than open to sharing my recipes. Most of them are adaptations from other recipes that I reference in each of my posts but I do write them myself. So, please feel free to repost and share the recipes; however, I do ask that you link back to my blog in your post. Please and thank you 🙂
- 2 chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs capers, drained
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 tbs corn starch
- Place plastic wrap on top of chicken breasts and flatten with a mallet.
- Lightly season each side of chicken breast with salt and pepper and dust with corn starch.
- Heat a large pan with cooking spray on high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for three minutes.
- Spray top of chicken with cooking spray and flip.
- Add shallots and cook for another three minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from pan and keep warm.
- Immediately add chicken broth and scrap bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon.
- Allow broth to simmer for one minute. Then, add lemon juice and capers.
- Pour sauce on top of chicken breasts and garnish with parsley.