There’s a restaurant I frequent in Huntington Beach, CA called Mangia Mangia (which I now can translate to Eat Eat thanks to my free Italian lessons from Duolingo.com). I always have the most perfect Italian meals there. Fresh garlic bread, fried calamari, and a gorgeous risotto with scallops and asparagus in a cream sauce drizzled with truffle oil. Needless to say, these meals are not Dukan friendly. I realized today, however, that one part of the meal IS completely dukan friendly and that is the soup that comes with my entree: the straciatella soup. Straciatella is an Italian soup made with eggs, cheese, herbs, and spinach. It’s simple and delicious! So, I made it earlier tonight as a precursor to my steak dinner. It was so easy to make and really resembled the restaurant’s version. I hope you like it too!
- 6 cups fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs low fat grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup tightly pressed fresh spinach
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1 tbs dried basil
- salt & pepper
- Heat the chicken broth on medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine and whisk together eggs, cheese, parsley, and basil.
- Once the broth begins to simmer, reduce to medium-low heat and slowly drizzle in egg mixture while stirring the broth with a fork for one minute.
- Add spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste.