Here’s an almost-Halloween treat for your sweet tooth! It’s a protein waffle or pancake mix that’s a real winner when eaten with Walden Farms’ pancake syrup. If you haven’t heard of Walden Farms products before, this will be the real treat for you. The pancake syrup has zero calories, zero fat, zero sugar, and ZERO CARBS. Not to mention it tastes just like regular maple syrup! You can get the syrup on Amazon (link here). It’s a bit on the pricier side but well worth it if you ask me!
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray.
- Pour about half of the mix into a waffle maker.
- Cook waffle about 1-2 minutes passed the waffle maker’s timer.
- Serve with Walden Farms pancake syrup.
You can also use the batter to make pancakes. I’ve used it to make both pancakes and waffles. They both taste great but I must say that the pancakes are easier to make. If you want to do pancakes, simply heat a pan with some cooking spray and cook it just as you would regular pancakes.