- 8 drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2.5 tbs splenda brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil. Then, reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered.
- Increase the heat while turning the chicken often until the sauce turns into a sticky glaze.
- Remove garlic cloves and serve.
- 8 tilapia filets
- 1/3 cup white miso
- 1/4 cup splenda brown sugar
- 2 tbs mirin or white wine
- green onions for garnish
- Pat down tilapia filets with paper towels to dry.
- In bowl, whisk together miso, brown sugar, and white wine.
- Brush filets with miso sauce and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler at 500 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, add filets, and top lightly with more cooking spray.
- Broil for 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Remove tilapia from broiler and bake in oven for 5-6 minutes to finish cooking.
- Plate and garnish with green onions.
This uber quick ‘n easy miso soup recipe is delicious! It just takes a few ingredients, a few steps, and a few minutes!
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans fat free chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 tbs miso of your choice (I used white miso)
- 1 package firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbs green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Saute green onions and garlic with cooking spray in a pot over medium heat.
- Add broth and heat to a slow simmer.
- Slowly whisk in the miso until it dissolves.
- Add tofu and heat for a few minutes.