For as long as people have been Dukan dieting, I’m sure, people have been trying to find innovative ways to eat bread and still adhere to the rules of the Dukan Diet. I have found a hand full of great recipes that are testaments to this. A great example would be Silvia’s Soft Buns recipe that contains a mixture of cream cheese & fluffy egg-whites. This recipe is delicious! However, it takes a bit of time & energy to prepare. Another example would be from the previously posted french toast recipe; a solid & quick recipe for breakfast or to satisfy your sweet tooth. With that said, the following recipe for bread is a play on both of these excellent recipes and results in a savory, firm bread that can be used in any sandwich!
Savory Dukan Bread
- 4 tbs oat bran
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 2 tbs fat free greek yogurt
- 4 tbs fat free cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 ts onion powder
- 1 ts dry chopped onions
- 1 /2 ts garlic salt
- 1/4 ts pepper
- 1/2 ts italian-herb seasoning
- Whisk ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into a microwave safe dish. (I used a medium-sized tupperware container)
- Microwave on 750 watts for 4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and let cool for a few minutes.
- Flip dish upside down on a cutting board to remove bread from container.
- Cut bread into about 2 squares.
- Place in toaster & toast squares until golden brown on both sides.
- Cut squares in half to make a total of 4 squares of toast. (yields 2 servings)