Happy Saturday! A minor *yippee* for my .2 weight loss today. I am happy to say I was very productive today: cleaning, Ikea, Target, PetSmart, mom’s house, and room decorating. My schedule was so jam-packed that all I ate were sloppy joes all day long! Not that that’s a bad thing because the recipe is delicious. Give it a try!
First, make the Savory Dukan Bread. You can find the recipe here (recipe makes 2 servings).
- 1 1/4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup splenda brown sugar
- 1 tbs steak seasoning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- Heat pan on medium-high heat.
- Brown ground beef with brown sugar and steak seasoning.
- Once browned, add bell peppers and onions and reduce heat to medium.
- Add worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in tomato sauce and tomato paste and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve sloppy joes on Savory Dukan Bread.